Salmon is one of the healthiest and most delicious fish you can find today. There are many ways you can use Salmon and I highly recommend eating them, especially when you’re on the hCG diet.
Now, the hCG diet has many phases, one of which is phase 3 of the said diet plan. Phase 3 is nearing the end of your hCG diet journey. Although you still need to watch the number of calories you ingest in phase 3, it is not as strict as phase 2 of the diet.
With that being said, I have an amazing phase 3 recipe that makes use of the nutritious and delicious Salmon.
In this article, I am going to share with you the hCG Diet Blackened Salmon with Mashed Potatoes. This recipe is easy to do and it satisfies the 3 requirements in the hCG diet: The Carbs, Protein, and vegetables.
Are you excited to try the hCG Diet Blackened Salmon with Mashed Potatoes out? If so, here are the ingredients that you will need:
For the Salmon:
- 4 Oz Boneless, Skinless, Salmon Fillet
- 1/4 Tsp Paprika
- 1/4 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Sea Salt
- 2 Tbsps of Separated Butter
For the Mashed Potatoes:
- 1 Medium Sweet Potato
- 1 Tsp 2% Milk
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Get a small bowl and add all of the spices that are listed above.
- Melt the separated butter by putting it into a microwaveable dish.
- Divide the butter and use half of it for the cooking process and half of it for the Salmon.
- Brush the butter on the Salmon. Make sure to incorporate the butter on all sides of the Salmon for better taste.
- Next, get the spice mixture and rub it on all sides of the Salmon. For best results, gently press the spices on the salmon. This will ensure that the flavor is there even after cooking the Salmon.
- Preheat a non-stick pan over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Pour the other half of the butter on the pan and then add the Salmon. Cook for 3-5 minutes per side.
- Remove the Salmon from the pan and place it in a baking tray lined up with parchment paper (to avoid it from sticking). Bake the salmon for a good 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and let it rest while you make the Mashed potatoes.
- To make the Mash, cook the potato in the microwave until it gets soft (it usually takes 5-6 minutes).
- Allow it to cool for 2 minutes and then remove all of the skin from the potato.
- Mash the potato with a fork or a dedicated masher.
- After that, add the milk, salt, and pepper. Continue mashing the potato up until you get the desired consistency.
- Place both the Salmon and the Mashed Potato on a plate. Serve and Enjoy!
This dish has a lot of steps, but believe me, this dish is very easy to do. Just make sure you keep an eye on the Salmon as it can get overcooked rather quickly.
If you love Salmon and you love to have a great tasting Salmon dish that is perfect for phase 3 of the hCG diet, then the hCG Diet Blackened Salmon with Mashed Potatoes is for you!